10 Things About Me
- Favorite Band: U2. Favorite U2 song…so hard to narrow down, but I’m going to go with “I still haven’t found what I’m looking for”
- Astrological Sign: Aries. This explains why I stay up until all hours in the morning decorating fondant birthday cakes for my kids, despite my husband’s warnings that I take on too much.
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavour: Island Farms Chocolate Mint Moose Tracks (just discovered this delightful flavour this year while vacationing on Vancouver Island….soooo delicious)
- My Happy Place: At my parent’s cabin on Okanagan Lake. I have so many fond memories of summers spent there as a kid; tubing behind my Uncle’s boat, watching for shooting stars while lying on the dock, playing kick the can with the neighbours….
- Most Prized Possession: Definitely my wedding pictures and the personal photo book albums I’ve created for my kids. As a photographer and as a mom, I will cherish these forever.
- Dream Car: Hondo Odyssey…I’m joking…I actually have no idea what my dream car is. I honestly haven’t ever really thought about it. I have always wanted to rent a Jeep while vacationing somewhere hot. I’ll have to add this to my bucket list.
- Favorite Time of Year Christmas!!!! I once slept under my Christmas Tree because I LOVE watching the lights twinkle while lying in a dark room.
- Least Favorite Chore: Mowing the lawn. Good thing my husband doesn’t mind doing it.
- What I read this summer: 50 Shades of Grey…blushing…
- My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 11.5 oz (approx 2 cups) chocolate chips
Mix first 4 dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream butter & sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla to butter mixture, and then add the dry ingredients. Lastly add chocolate chips . Bake at 375 for approx. 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to overcook because they are best when they are soft and gooey on the inside.